Friday, July 4, 2014

WoD: Shadowmoon Valley Screenshots, Rares & Hunter Pet Goodness!

I'm not dead, I swear. I've just been very busy these past few months. Between the wee little one learning to walk, a job shift, and not a whole lot going on in WoW, I not only didn't feel the need to post - I pretty much didn't have time for it. Well that's about to change. I'm back.

This past week I've been exploring around the Warlords of Draenor beta with my hunter, and I've totally and utterly fallen in love with the game again. Between the mind explodingly gorgeous landscapes, incredibly cool new hunter pets, and silly amount of rares - I'm seriously like a little kid in a candy shop. MUST EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING! (Thankfully I don't have to worry about breaking anything.)

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to play my shammy or hunter for exploring beta - then I remembered hunter pets. Durka dur, that was an easy decision. Perhaps even more than finding the new rares, I was most excited about taming new hunter pets. <3

I've stumbled upon quite a few awesome new tamable hunter pets in the past couple of days. The pets in the screen shots below can all be found in Shadowmoon Valley.

**WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD** (Just in case the title of the post wasn't warning enough)

Hunter Pets

Grey/Black Hydra
Blue Riverbeast
New Sporebat Model - Yellow eyes/blue accents
New Sporebat Model - Blue eyes/orange accents
Void Wolf, first awesome new tamable WoD pet - before you even arrive in SMV
Grey Draenor Wolf Skin
Rares

These are all of the rares that I've come across so far. They remind me very much of the Timeless Isle Rares. Each has their own unique loot (known loot is listed under each rare's screen shot). All of them also seem to drop Garrison Resources (a currency used in the construction of your garrison buildings).

World Boss. No loot table yet. Took 2 raid groups + FOREVER to kill this guy.
Precious Bloodthorn Loop
Rylak-Scale Vest
Killmaw's Canine
(Placeholder)

Rockhoof's Crest
Sporebat Larval Pod

Staff of the Mad Bramble King
Ku'targ's Merciless Grips
Ba'ruun's Bountiful Bloom
Varandi Family Crest

Hypnosis Goggles
Venomshade Skin Boots
Dragonrider's Tinkered Leggings
Darktide Summoner Staff
Void Prophecy Cudgel




Eye Candy (Screen Shots)

More than ever I just wanted to take screenshots of something beautiful this time around. Blizzard did an amazing job with this zone. Almost everywhere I turned I wanted to take a screenshot. Anyone who appreciates beauty in even the smallest sense should get something out of these.

















It wouldn't be a beta without a few good bugs!

This one has been my favorite so far. I found a cave where your character can swim in the area around the opening - even though there is no water around. :)



Much Love, E

7 comments:

  1. VOID.HOWLER. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered the mob name wrong. (I had forgotten to take a screen shot in the cave where I found it.) I went back and they are actually called simply "Void Wolf".

      Delete
  2. Nice. I've just spent a bit of time exploring SMV today but I'm feeling kind of pooped after posting all the Frostfire Ridge ones a couple of days ago. These new rares are definitely a massive undertaking.

    So far I've tamed two of the new pets but there's plenty of time for that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, I can't wait to check out Frostfire. With all this hot weather we've been having too, maybe seeing all that snow will help to cool me down. :P

      Delete
  3. I like that Void Howler, maybe my Hunter should take a look around in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I had remembered it's name wrong. It's actually just void wolf. You encounter them in Umbral Halls in Tanaan Jungle. It's the cave with all the Warlocks and portals. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete