I was reading through some of JD's posts over at Amateur Azerothian, and was surprised to see that he had nominated me for a Liebster Award. Neato! What is a Liebster Award? It's pretty much a way for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, much like the Sixth Meme. The one going around right now has a few rules centering around the number eleven.
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 bloggers to nominate.
- Write 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
JD's 11 Questions:
1) Presume you blogged regardless. If it wasn't World of Warcraft/MMO’s, what would your blog be about?
I'd probably blog about something baby-related. I thought about starting a baby-related blog right before my daughter was born, but scrapped that idea figuring that I just wouldn't have the time. I was right!
2) Out of all the Caverns of Time, which one do you enjoy the most? The least?
Ugh, this is a toughy. The Caverns of Time instances were never on my favorite list. Mostly because of the waiting involved between spawns and the event-style nature of them (once you start you have to continue and follow along at a set pace). The newer instances didn't follow that structure so much, so I guess I'd say that End Time was the most enjoyable for me. I love the last boss fight in there - especially as a healer. As for the least enjoyable - Hyjal. I don't think this requires further explanation.
3) Is there a class in WoW you just can’t bring yourself to like?
4) Are you a board gamer, or a pen & paper gamer…or just video games?
Mostly just video games, although I do enjoy playing the occasional board and card games with my family.
5) What would you like to see Blizzard grant the Warcraft license to?
A restaurant. First thing I'd do is order up a big juicy Tauren burger with fries.
6) What racial leader would you follow into battle, no questions asked?
GARROSH! Haha, just kidding. I wouldn't follow any of them into battle without a VERY good reason for it. Actually I think the ONLY reason I'd follow anyone into battle would be to protect the ones I love.
7) Many people point to Wrath as the pinnacle of the game. If you were introducing someone to WoW for the first time, what would you show them outside of that expansion?
Well, my favorite WoW era was during The Burning Crusade, but that content isn't exactly relevant any more...I guess I'd try to show them a bit of everything.
8) What’s your proudest WoW moment?
This is not going to sound very fantastic now, but when it happened I felt AWESOME! Ok, here goes: I was healing a Kara run on my vastly undergeared undead priest along side an excellent shaman healer. I was pretty new to the healing role, and had basically been carried more or less up until we reached Illhoof. Somehow toward the beginning of the fight almost half of the raid wiped, including Mr. star shaman healer and one of the tanks. On vent all I could hear were mumblings of "wipe", but those of us left alive weren't about to give up. My husband (who I hadn't actually met yet) solo tanked while I solo healed the rest of the fight (which took FOREVER due to most of the dps being dead). I used everything at my disposal to conserve mana, while deciding who needed which heals, and somehow we survived and defeated him! That was like seven years ago now, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
9) Gold: Rich beyond words, enough to get by comfortably, or always needing to generate it for repairs?
Enough to get by comfortably for sure. I go through these phases where I play the auction house and save up a small fortune, then I blow a ton of it on mounts, pets and crafted gear for alts.
10) What about Hearthstone? Yes? No? Or the other common answer of “I hate this #&$^ game!”
Yes, absolutely. I don't play it often, but when I do I always enjoy it - even when I'm loosing.
11) If World of Warcraft was gone when you wake up in the morning, what would be your fondest memory?
Meeting my husband for the first time in game. The first time we ever played together was in an Auchenai Crypts run with some mutual friends. I never thought in a million years that one day I'd be married to the person behind that prancing paladin on my screen.
11 Miscellaneous Facts About Me:
1) My first pc game love affair was with Monkey Island.
2) I have a (not so secret now) crush on Nicholas Cage.
3) Everyone knows I love pugs. If it were feasible I'd have like 10 of them. What you may not know is that I also love Welsh Corgis! I love their stubby little legs and big ears! <3
4) In a few months I will finally be a full-time stay at home mom!
5) I've been to every U.S. state minus Alaska.
6) My biggest (possibly irrational) fear is spiders. Seriously, those things freak me out in a run out of the room, arms flailing kind of way.
7) I put hot sauce on everything.
8) It drives me nuts when I'm hungry and people post pictures of mouth-watering meals on twitter. Especially ones like this:
9) I'm a fairly skilled equestrian.
10) I'm not particularly fond of beaches. Mostly because of the sand.
11) My favorite class in college was Anthropology. I read the entire textbook (including the chapters that we didn't have to read), and gobbled it up like I was reading G.R.R.M..
11 MORE Questions:
For the questions I'm about to ask - they are posed to anyone who reads this and wants to join in on the fun. From the looks of it everyone on my blogroll has been tagged already because I'm so darned late, so TAG your all it! Heck, even those without a blog can go ahead and answer in the comments if you like (minus the first question). Have fun!
1) What post or series of posts on your blog are you most proud of and why?
2) If you could travel back in time (in the World of Warcraft) to relive part of the game for the very first time again -- when would that be?
3) What did you like best about the Mists of Pandaria expansion? The least?
4) What are you looking forward to the most in Warlords of Draenor?
5) We don't have many choices for underwater mounts in game. If you could add another, what would it be?
6) Have you ever pulled an all-night gaming session? What was the longest uninterrupted gaming session you've had?
7) If the entire World of Warcraft had a major meltdown over night (alien attack on headquarters perhaps?) and was gone for good, what would you do during that time when you would have otherwise been playing?
8) If you were offered the choice of immortality, but you had to choose between becoming a vampire or werewolf, which would you choose and why? (I'm talking Anne Rice style vamps NOT the sparkly Twilight kind.)
9) If you could have ONE superpower, what would it be and why?
10) Have you ever eaten tripe? If you have, how was it cooked and did you like it?
11) What is your idea of a perfect day?