Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eastern Plaguelands - Tamable Rares added in 5.1


Snort - Tamed
Nine new rare beasts were introduced into Eastern Plaguelands in patch 5.1. This brings the total rare count for this zone to twenty-two! You can read about the other thirteen in this post: Eastern Plaguelands Rare Spawns.This zone got some really neat looking additions in my opinion. Four of these new tamable rares are "ghostly" see-through models, and they retain that look after taming.

The four ghostly rares are: Spirocula (love the name) - a level 40 white worm (must be BM spec to tame), Fene-mal - a level 41 black and white two-headed vulture, Snort - a level 41 brown saber tooth worg and Varah - a level 43 undead boar. Each one of these ghostly rares is also totally unique.

The remaining rares added to the zone are not unique, but will still make some very interesting looking pets. Bleakheart, the white demon dog, shares a model with only one other mob in game. That mob is Fidonis, who is another new rare added in patch 5.1. You can find him in Felwood. Quirix, the brown scarab beetle, has a model and color that could previously only be found in Uldum. Anyone that has ever quested through Zangarmarsh will probably recognize Sporeggon, as he is essentially the twin of Sporewing.

Click map to Enlarge

Here are some screenshots of each of these rares in order by level. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Spirocula, Fene-mal & Snort
Bleakheart, Likk the Hunter & Quirix

VarahSnark & Sporeggon
All of these rares can be added to NPCScan. You can simply cut and paste this macro in game to add all of them automatically:

/npcscan add 51027 Spirocula
/npcscan add 50813 Fene-mal
/npcscan add 50915 Snort
/npcscan add 51042 Bleakheart
/npcscan add 50775 Likk the Hunter
/npcscan add 51053 Quirix
/npcscan add 50947 Varah
/npcscan add 50856 Snark
/npcscan add 50779 Sporeggon



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this blog. I think you've done a wonderful job and have everything so well organized! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught Snort and he is just amazing thanks for your help Euphyley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found Sporeggon and couldnt tame it cause my low level xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I attempted to tame Snort twice today, found that his spawn time was between 2-3 hours because sadly I had to try to tame him twice. The first time I had thought I dismissed my pet but when I used Tame Beast, my pet killed him. The second time, same thing, although I -attempted- to dismiss a pet and it said "you do not have a pet" which I understood as I did not have an active pet. So as I write this I am camping the spot in hopes that he'll spawn in the next hour or so before I lose my marbles completely.

    ReplyDelete