Friday, March 2, 2012

Ironsteve Hits 50 & Stumbles Upon a Few More Rares

Ironsteve is still alive! Well, as alive as one who is technically already dead can be I guess. He hit level 50 today and he's feeling pretty good! Normally at level 50 my toons would have some nice armor waiting for them or some other fun upgrades. All Ironsteve got was Mail Specialization, with Ironsteve's current stats it gives him a whole FIVE extra agility! Watch out, he'll be one killing machine now for sure!



Ironsteve did have a VERY close call with death yesterday. Before I get into exactly what happened with Steve let me give you a brief overview of the internet connection I have been playing on for the past year. My internet connection is like the weather. It changes daily. Mostly it's alright, but now and then I start loosing packets like a fiend and the next thing I know the world is waving bye bye to me. Other times I swear it just straight up turns itself off because it's lazy and just want's to be off. Sometimes I can go a whole week without any interruptions, other times I've been dc'd six or seven times in a two hour span. Usually it is only down for a minute or two, but a minute is all Ironsteve needs to become prematurely dead.

Yesterday Ironsteve was questing around in Eastern Plaguelands and he had just entered the Noxious Glade to begin working on a few quests. He was also looking for a rare named Hed'mush the Rotting while he was there. He carefully cleared his way through the first mobs in the area and even found the rare he was looking for sitting just beyond a few more pulls! Ironsteve began to pick off the mobs between him and Hed'mush, while at the same time watching the level 45 giant elite named Garginox patrolling the area close by. As Ironsteve started firing his gun at the next mob only a few feet away from Hed'mush, he noticed that it wasn't actually firing at all. It was just sort of "stuck". As that happened he also saw that Garginox was headed in his direction. Then he noticed that nothing in the world was interacting with him at all! In a panic Ironsteve ran to the outer wall of the canyon just hoping that somehow he'd live. Only moments later the evil screen of disconnectedness popped up and total panic set in.

Luckily the internet was only down for about a minute, and when I logged back in the mob that Ironsteve had begun attacking was dead. I'm sure Garginox patrolled right by where Ironsteve was standing but it looks like Ironsteve disappeared from the world before he was 2-shotted. THAT was close.

In other news, Ironsteve has found a few more rares since the last post, he even found Dart's Nest a couple of times while questing through Dustwallow Marsh, which gives the cute little mini pet Darting Hatchling!

Here is more rare spawn eye candy below for your viewing pleasure.


On a side note: I never thought this WoW Ironman Challenge would be so much fun. I can honestly say that I am looking at the game a lot differently than I normally would. When the final death can be around every corner (or over every cliff) you really start to notice things and are forced to be more aware or your surroundings. I think anyone trying to better themselves as a player could really benefit from this challenge.


5 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of rares. Nice job, I've thought of doing this too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you definitely should if you have the time! It's so fun and you can always blog about it too! I love reading about other people's adventures with this sort of thing. =D

      Delete
  2. Yay! Go Ironsteve! Geez, and you've added another level of terror with your internet connection troubles! I'm glad he managed to blink out of existence before Garginox got him.

    The Challenge really is fun, kind of distills the game down to basics and you pay a LOT more attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, omg ancient you should have seen me irl...I was totally freaking out. From my husband's point of view it was probably like PMS X 100,000. Poor guy was terrified.

      Delete
  3. That's so fantastic! And I am giggling at the PMS x 100,000! And grats on finding the nest too!

    ReplyDelete