Steve and his fuzzy companions have also been quite successful in their hunt for the rarest of rare beasts across Azeroth. For your viewing pleasure Ironsteve has put together what could almost be considered rare spawn wallpaper below.
- Stay away from elevators, edges of cliffs, tall structures, anywhere where falling is a possibility.
- Stick to green mobs. Green mobs you will be far more likely to hit/crit, and their aggro radius's are much shorter than higher level mobs.
- Clear the area! If you see something that you need to loot on the ground for example, and there are 10 mobs between you and it. CLEAR THEM. All of them. Especially those perky humanoid mobs that like to run away and grab all of their friends when they get low on health. Believe me, it's worth the extra minute or two of clearing.
- Stick to roads, don't run through packs of hostile mobs. Getting dismounted with four rabid bears and a handful of zombies chasing after you can be a quick death sentence.
- Don't go into caves, houses, castles, anything where you have to go INSIDE of something. If you feel you just have to or you'll explode, make sure the mobs are at least a few levels lower than you.
- Don't go afk, just don't. If you absolutely have to, hearth out or get to a "safe" spot and log out. The last thing you need is for hostile npc's to start spawning back in on top you, or worse -- for Deathwing to take you out while your toon was sitting around at some friendly quest hub waiting for you to come back.
- Don't do any escort quests. Some escort quests out there can spawn 3-4 mobs at a time, all of which are hell bent on seeing you very much dead. Usually the npc's we're escorting are incompetent fools that run off and pull more angry mobs and they don't even fight for themselves. Believe me, escorts = bad.
- If a particular quest line is getting noticeably difficult, stop. You can always come back to it when your a higher level.
- Most Importantly - BE AWARE of your surroundings. Pan your camera around, look behind your toon, watch for patrols, listen for that stealthy rogue sound, look to the sky (if it turns red - HEARTH).